Stanford MBA Africa popularly known as the Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program is an initiative from the Stanford Graduate School of Business (GSB) aimed at providing scholarships for African students.
However, there are other Stanford MBA Scholarships for International Students that also offer great opportunity to students in other eligible countries around the world to study and explore the beauty of Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program
The Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Program is committed to paying over US$170,000 for tuition and associated fees for students of African countries with dire financial need who wish to obtain an MBA at Stanford Graduate School of Business.
Approximately, six Fellowship award will be given to students annually by the GSB. Also, the Stanford Graduate School of Business Admissions will waive application fee for those who are applying and make less than US$20,000.
- How To Get A Scholarship With These 5 Proven Tips
- University of Melbourne Scholarships for International Students
- DAAD Scholarship for International Students to Study in Germany
- Obama Foundation | Africa Leaders Scholarship Program
Within two years of graduation from Stanford Graduate School of Business, Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship required that the students return to Africa to work professionally for not less than two years in a role that contributes positively to the continent’s growth and development.
Therefore, graduates of this Fellowship program must live and work in Africa for not less than two years by the time they are four years out of the Stanford MBA Program.
Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Eligibility
Applicants must demonstrate strong ties to Africa, including the following:
- Applicant must be a citizen of an African country. Dual citizens are eligible for the fellowship as long as you hold citizenship in an African nation.
- Applicant must have completed, or be in the final year of completing, his/her university studies. If you studied at an undergraduate or graduate institution in Africa, we especially encourage you to consider applying for the Fellowship program. African citizens who studied in countries outside of Africa are also eligible for the fellowship.
Stanford Africa MBA Fellowship Application Process
Applicants are required to follow this process to be considered for the Stanford MBA Fellowship program.
- You must apply to the Stanford MBA Program in either Round 1 or Round 2.
- We cannot consider you for the fellowship in Round 3. If you have already been admitted to the Stanford Graduate School of Business and have deferred enrollment
- You must apply to this Fellowship program the year prior to your enrollment.
The Stanford Graduate School of Business has been working tirelessly over the past few years to improve the level of literacy in Africa, through awarding of scholarship to students across Africa.
This scholarship program is open to all students from Africa, irrespective of the country or ethnicity. Several hundreds of thousands in monetary reward will be awarded to students who want to obtain an MBA at Stanford Graduate School of Business.