Australia Awards Scholarship also known as AusAid Scholarship provides a great deal of opportunities for students around the world. International students now have a golden opportunity to apply Australian Aid Scholarship by simply downloading and filling the Australian Award Scholarship Application Form through AUS Scholarship portal.
The Australia Awards Scholarship is exclusively offered only to undergraduate and graduate students from developing countries who wants to further their academic career at participating universities and Technical and Further Education (TAFE) institutions in Australia.
- How To Get A Scholarship With These 5 Proven Tips
- University of Melbourne Scholarships for International Students
- DAAD Scholarship for International Students to Study in Germany
- Obama Foundation | Africa Leaders Scholarship Program
IMPORTANT NOTICE: It is worth noting that AusAid Scholarship is open to citizens from developing countries—especially, students from the Indo-West Pacific region.
The Australia Awards Scholarship earns students an opportunity to enhance their skills and creativity in order to be involved in the development of their respective countries.
Australia Awards Scholarship Benefits
Below are the core benefits of Australian Awards Scholarship:-
- Full tuition-fee
- A single economy class return air-ticket (from home-country to Australia and Australia to home-country) will be provided
- An establishment allowance – worth AUD 5000 will be paid once (for accommodation, study related materials and textbooks)
- A grant for fundamental living expenses will be granted twice monthly at the rate being specified by the department. (Since January 1, 2013, this grant is AUD 3000 per annum.)
- An obligatory four to six-weeks program (based on the information about study and life in Australia) will be offered before the start of proper studies
- Basic medical insurance will be provided to the scholarship holder throughout the scholarship duration
- Additional support in academics can be offered for ensuring the scholarship holder’s success in academics and enhancing his experience
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No financial aid will be granted by the Australian Government. Scholarship holders are expected to cater for, and take full responsibility of their accompanying family members (if any).
Australia Awards Scholarship Eligible Countries
Only the Region(s) listed below are fully eligible to apply for the Australia Awards Scholarship. They are:-
Africa, Bhutan, Vietnam, Papua New Guinea, Nepal, Timor-Leste, Indonesia, Kiribati, Sri Lanka, Palestinian Territories, Maldives, Cambodia, Republic of Palau, Bangladesh, Myanmar, Philippines, Solomon Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Tuvalu, Nauru, Fiji, Tonga, Wallis and Futuna, Marshall Islands, Vanuatu, Mongolia, India, Samoa, Nepal, Pakistan and Laos.
Criteria for Granting Australia Awards Scholarship
To apply for the AusAid Scholarship there are six eligibility criteria you must adhere to—as mentioned in the Australia Awards Policy Handbook—which are:-
- Applicant should be at least 18 years old or more at the time of commencement of Australian Award scholarship
- Applicant must be a citizen of any of the participating countries (as listed above)
- The applicant must have no problems in passport or immigration
- Applicant are required to acquire an Australian student visa
- Australian citizens or those having permanent residency in Australia are not eligible for this scholarship
- Further country specific requirements for Australian Award Scholarships can be found here.
Australian Awards Scholarship – English Language requirement:
- The English language requirement set by the Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade (DFAT) will be met by an applicant under two conditions, i.e. English is the native language of the applicant and he has received education in English (academic transcripts are required as evidence in the latter case).
- In the case where these DFAT’S requirements are not met, the applicant has to provide the result of an academic test for the English language before the commencement of the main study program. The acceptable tests for the English language are TOEFL, PTE Academic and IELTS.
- The validity of these English language test results is normally two years. The applicant must meet the required timeframe of test result validity set by the concerned institution.
- The applicant must have the following test scores to avail the scholarship.
- IELTS: a minimum overall band of 6.5, without any less than 6.0 band
- TOEFL: minimum overall score of 580 in a written test, with at least 4.5 scores in the test for English writing, or a minimum overall score of 92 in an internet-based test, with at least 21 scores in all the subtests
- PTE Academic: a minimum total of 58 with 50 or more score in communicative skill
- If the English language requirement of any institute is more than that of the requirements of DFAT, then the award holder has to fulfill the requirement of an institute.
How to Apply
In order to begin the application process, applicants are required to check the open and close dates for Australia Awards Scholarship, after which you are to choose your country of citizenship/residency from the list of participating countries for a country-specific information on criteria, eligibility, priority areas and application instructions. Deadline for this scholarship varies from country to country. Currently, the deadline for most countries is 30 April 2019 except for Cambodia (April 15) and Vanuatu (March 31).
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Applications from Africa has already closed on 3 December 2018.
However, country-based information can be found on a website designed by the Award department of Australia Awards for Africa.
The above information will definitely go a long way to help students apply for AusAid Scholarship which is most often referred as Australia Awards Scholarship.